MAPA’s focus for our elite program is to expose it’s dancers to genuine industry training covering all relevant styles and genres to set them up for successful professional careers. Elite students train regularly with 10 industry professionals on top of weekly national and international guest teachers. No one dancer is the same and the MAPA elite program allows and encourages vision, ambition and individuality.
- Open to Minis (5-7 yrs), Juniors (8-10 yrs), Inters (11-14 yrs) and Seniors (15+ yrs).
- Acceptance is by audition only. Auditions are held once a year in November.
Private auditions are also available throughout the year.
- Each program only accepts up to 20 students to ensure our students get the best hands on training.
- Designed for aspiring performers who want to achieve excellence.
- Program runs 3 days per week for the duration of the school year (approx. 40 weeks).
- Students must commit to 90% attendance per week.
- Students accepted into these programs will have the opportunity to work closely with various well known Australian and international performers, providing personal mentoring and guidance.
Training curriculum includes:
- Classical Ballet
- Pilates & Conditioning
- Turns, Kicks & Leaps
- Commercial Jazz
- Musical Theatre
- Hip Hop
- Afro Groove
- Choreography development
- Regular workshops with guest teachers
- Professional photoshoot with Sean Higgins (Shotography)
- Audition techniques
- Hair & Makeup training
- Student mentoring
A variety of in-house and guest teachers mentor, train and guide our elite program students.
- STEPHEN MORGANTE – Classical Ballet
- HELEN PENNA – Classical Ballet & Pointe
- SHARLENE MORGANTE – Pilates, Conditioning & Gyrokinesis
- SCOTT POKORNY – Contemporary & Lyrical
- PETROS TREKLIS – Contemporary
- ROB STURROCK – Jazz & Technique
- NADIA TORNESE – Commercial
- ALEC STEELO – Hip Hop foundations & House
- DYLAN SPEEDY – Tap
- TAYLOR DIAMOND-LORD – Acrobatics & Strength Training
- ANGELIA PANTELI – Vocals
- KIM DENMAN – Acting